Purpose: The Missouri Options Program serves students who are in significant credit lag. The LSHS, LSNHS, or LSWHS Diploma program will allow students to complete their High School Diploma with their cohort group/graduating class, or soon after. The Summit Ridge Academy Diploma program will allow students to complete their Summit Ridge Academy High School Diploma as soon as December of their senior year or at the same time as their cohort group/graduating class, or soon after.
Entrance Criteria: ALL criteria must be met to be a candidate
- Students will complete Missouri Options Referral Form/Consent Form.
- Students will be 17 years or older, not to exceed 20.
- Candidate for diploma program must be a senior.
- Students will be at least one year’s credit behind their cohort group/graduating class, or for other significant reasons identified in the local plan, be unable to complete their diploma with their cohort group/graduating class. The student’s credits may not exceed 17 credits at the beginning of the student’s senior year. The student’s credits may not exceed 20.5 credits at the beginning of the student’s second semester of their senior year.
- Students must be able to read independently in English at a high school level. The placement test will determine the student’s reading level.
- Selection will be based on a student’s needs and program space availability. Referring School Administrator will establish a priority list and complete Missouri Options referral form.
- Students must have completed & passed American Government, Health & Wellness, and Personal Finance.
- The LSHS, LSNHS, & LSWHS Diplomais intended to be offered to student that have remained in school for the duration of the high school career, but not met the credit requirements needed for graduation. The student must have attended 6 semesters in high school before their senior year.
- The Summit Ridge Academy High School Diploma is intended to be offered to students that have not remained in school for the duration of the high school career. The student is not required to have attended 6 semesters in high school before their senior year.
Support Services: Students will be involved in the Missouri’s Comprehensive Guidance Program, workforce development activities and life-skills training to make them job ready. Substance abuse interventions and mental health care interventions will be available.
Full Time Student Status:
- A student must be enrolled in the Missouri Options Program Full Day Program for the first 3 weeks,
- If the student scores at or above a set score on the HiSET predictor test the student may be enrolled in the Missouri Options Program Morning Program (20 Class periods per week) and participate in a work-study program (Corporative Community Experience) or Joe Herndon, Cass Career Center, or Summit Technology an average of fifteen hours per week
Students enrolled in the Missouri Options Program must attend 30 hours of school per week (Full Time Student), or a combination of reduced day at school and 15 hours of approved employment. Students work in an independent study environment with a certified classroom teacher. Course work is composed of lessons designed to improve their mastery of five subject areas: Science, Math, Social Studies, Reading, and Writing, which will ultimately be assessed using a standardized end of course exams and the HiSET.
|If not employed:||If employed (Work-Study)**:|
|Hours of Attendance||Hours of Attendance|
|Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday (8:00-2:00),||Monday, Tuesday, Thursday (8:00-11:32),|
|Wednesday (9:00-2:00)||Wednesday (9:00-11:45), & Friday (8:00-11:01)|
|Daily Schedule (Mon, Tue, Thur)||Daily Schedule (Mon, Tue, Thur, Friday)|
|Homeroom, Study Sessions, Advisement, Study Sessions||Homeroom, Study Session, Advisement, Study Session, Lunch, Study Sessions|
|Daily Schedule (Wed)||Daily Schedule (Wed)|
|Homeroom, Study Sessions, Lunch, Study Sessions||Homeroom, Study Sessions, Lunch, Study Session|
|Daily Schedule (Fri)||Daily Schedule (Fri)|
|Homeroom, Study Sessions, All-School Study Hall||Homeroom, Study Sessions|
|**Student must score at a set standard on the HiSET|
|Predictor Test before being allowed to participate in the|
|Work-Study Program (CCE)|