Purpose: The Missouri Options Program serves students who are in significant credit lag. The LSHS, LSNHS, or LSWHS Diploma program will allow students to complete their High School Diploma with their cohort group/graduating class, or soon after.
Entrance Criteria: ALL criteria must be met to be a candidate
- Students will be 17 years or older, not to exceed 20.
- Candidate for diploma program must be a senior.
- Students will be at least one year’s credit behind their cohort group/graduating class, or for other significant reasons identified in the local plan, be unable to complete their diploma with their cohort group/graduating class. The student’s credits may not exceed 17 credits at the beginning of the student’s senior year. The student’s credits may not exceed 20.5 credits at the beginning of the student’s second semester of their senior year.
- Students must be able to read independently in English at a high school level.
- Selection will be based on a student’s needs and program space availability. Referring School Administrator will establish a priority list and complete Missouri Options referral form.
- Students must have completed & passed American Government, Health & Wellness, and Personal Finance.
- Students will receive their LSHS, LSNHS, or LSWHS diploma at the end of the academic year they complete the diploma. In order to participate in the graduation ceremony at LSHS, LSNHS, or LSWHS students must have also earned 1.0 Fine Art, 1.0 Practical Art, and 1.0 Physical Education credits.
Full Time Student Status:
Students enrolled in the Missouri Options Program must attend 30 hours of school per week (Full Time Student), or a combination of reduced day at school and 15 hours of approved employment. Students work in an independent study environment with a certified classroom teacher. Course work is composed of lessons designed to improve their mastery of five subject areas: Science, Math, Social Studies, Reading, and Writing, which will ultimately be assessed using a standardized end of course exams and the HiSET.